Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H Review
Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H Review is an all Season and a perfect companion for your SUV, Sedan or the Coupe. The Continental PureContact Radial Tire falls in the elite category of tires, giving a luxury performance while belonging to the classification of Grand Touring Tires.
The performance and the traction are among the best in the category and the Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H Review has loads of driver and drive friendly features. Along with the top of the class features the tire comes with a limited warranty; 70K miles and/or 6 years.
Continental Tires, and the Continental group:
Continental Tires is a part of the German automotive manufacturing conglomerate Continental Group. The group commenced its operations in the late 19th century as a manufacturer of rubber products including bicycle tires. Today, Continental has five distinct divisions, including Tires, Power trains, Functional parts & components, Chassis & Safety, and Vehicle interiors. The current amalgamated revenue of the group is in excess of€ 40 Billion.
Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H– Features:
Let’s explore the features that are unique to The Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H.
- EcoPlus: The Continental PureContact Radial Tire come equipped with the Trademarked technology called EcoPlus which ensures the maximum possible fuel efficiency. EcoPlus also offers High mileage performance and low driving cots.
- The enhanced fuel efficiency is owing to tread placement on the exterior surface of the tires ensuring a high traction. The corner tread is at right angles aiding in containing the deformation at the edges. A high number of the grips in the treads provide high traction.
- ComfortRide: The Continental PureContact Radial Tire also comes equipped with the Trademarked technology called ComfortRide. As the name indicates ComfortRide provides a comfortable ride to the occupants. This technology absorbs the vibrations generated because of the road and reduces the noise inside the vehicle.
- Performance indicators for the tread: The Continental PureContact Radial Tire are an all season tires. For safe driving, different amount of traction and road grip is required for each surface.
To give a visual indicator the PureContact comes marked with “SWD” (in that order) on the progressive level of the tread. The first layer on the surface is designed for driving on snow and all other surfaces. Once the “S” signifying snow wears off, the letter for wet surface “W” is visible on the surface of the tires. It is a visual indicator for the driver that snow is no more the appropriate for the tires.
- Durability and Ride uniformity: The internal structure ensures durability and the ride uniformity throughout the life cycle of the tire. A combination of a poly amide and steel belts (twin) intertwined together provides internal strength for high-speed durability.
- Improved tread wear: The Continental PureContact Radial Tire has an inherent improved tread wear, which itself echo’s in the 70K mile warranty. Apart from the standard rubber the tire also has some added compounds. Silica derivatives to achieve durability of the tread and hence the tread wear.
Continental PureContact Radial Tire– Pros:
- All season grand touring tires.
- Take snow (light), wet surface and dry surface with equal ease
- Great traction ensured a comfortable and stable drive
- Enhanced fuel efficiency makes it ideal for long hauls
- 70K miles/ 6 years’ warranty
- Traction and road grip warrants excellent braking capability
- Reduced cabin noise and vibration
Continental PureContact Radial Tire– Cons:
- A bit too many things to say, some might think this opinion is a biased or a goaded one.
Continental PureContact Radial Tire – 225/45R17 91H Review packs so many features and frills. It comes as no surprise that it has secured the Numero UNO spot among all the brands in the category. A Tire worth a ride’ even after 70K miles!
|Item Weight||20.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||25 x 25 x 8.9 inches|
|Item model number||15493650000|
|Manufacturer Part Number||15493650000|
|Section Width||225 millimeters|
|Rim Diameter||17 inches|
|Load Index Rating||91|
Compare to similar items
Continental Tire manufactures an extensive line of tires to suit a variety of needs and a wide selection of vehicles.